Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is one of the most effective ways to drive targeted traffic to a website and increase revenue. By placing ads on search engine results pages or other websites, businesses can reach potential customers who are actively searching for their products or services. However, how to find PPC clients for your business can be a challenge for digital marketers.
What will this guide cover?
We’ve put together this comprehensive guide to help you discover effective ways to find potential PPC clients start and grow your marketing PPC agency business.
In this article, we’ll explore various strategies for identifying and approaching potential clients, including market research, leveraging your network, using social media marketing, attending conferences, creating valuable content, and utilizing PPC advertising.
So, whether you’re just starting out in the world of PPC advertising or looking to expand your client base, this guide will provide you with the insights and tools you need to succeed.
Define your PPC Client
Defining your ideal PPC client is crucial in identifying potential clients and target market who are a good fit for your business.
Your ideal client should be a business or organization that can benefit from your PPC services and has the budget to pay for PPC management.
Here are some characteristics to consider when defining your ideal PPC client:
- Industry or niche: Determine which industries or niches are the most profitable and align with your expertise. This will help you focus on specific verticals and target clients who are more likely to be interested in your services.
- Size: Consider the size of the business or organization you want to work with. Some digital marketers prefer working with small or medium-sized businesses, while others prefer working with larger corporations. Identify the ideal size of your client based on your business goals and capabilities.
- Budget: Determine the amount of budget your ideal client should have for PPC advertising. This will help you avoid wasting time on businesses that can’t afford your services.
- Marketing goals: Understand what your ideal client wants to achieve with PPC advertising. Do they want to increase brand awareness, drive traffic to their website, generate leads, or increase sales? This will help you tailor your services to their specific needs and goals.
- Geographic location: Consider the geographic location of your ideal client. Some digital marketers prefer working with clients in their local area, while others prefer working with clients from around the world. Determine the ideal location based on your business goals and capabilities.
This will save you time and resources and increase your chances of closing more deals.
Conduct Market Research
Conducting market research is an essential step in identifying potential PPC clients. Here are the key steps you should follow:
- Identify your target audience: Determine the characteristics of your ideal client, such as industry, size, budget, and marketing goals.
- Research your competitors: Identify your competitors in the industry or niche you are targeting. Analyze their strengths and weaknesses, and look for gaps in the market that you can fill.
- Analyze keywords: Use keyword research tools to identify the most popular and relevant keywords in your target industry or niche. This will help you understand what potential clients are searching for and what PPC campaigns you should run.
- Analyze websites: Analyze the websites of your competitors and potential clients to understand their online presence, marketing strategies, and user experience. This will help you identify areas where you can improve and stand out.
- Monitor social media: Monitor social media platforms to identify potential clients actively engaging with your target industry or niche. Look for relevant hashtags, groups, and conversations to find leads and opportunities.
- Attend industry events: Attend industry events, such as conferences, trade shows, and networking events, to connect with potential clients and stay up-to-date with the latest trends and opportunities in your target industry or niche.
There are many tools and resources you can use to conduct market research, such as:
- SEMRush: A keyword research tool that provides insights into your competitors’ online marketing strategies.
- Ahrefs: A tool that helps you analyze your competitors’ backlinks and identify link-building opportunities.
- Google Keyword Planner: A free tool that helps you identify the most relevant and popular keywords for your PPC campaigns, especially for Google ads.
- Google Analytics: A web analytics tool that provides insights into your website traffic, user behavior, and conversion rates.
- Social Mention: A monitoring tool that helps you track and analyze social media mentions and conversations related to your target industry or niche.
How to leverage your network to get more PPC clients?
Leveraging your existing network can be a valuable strategy for finding potential PPC clients. Your network can include friends, family, colleagues, former clients, and industry contacts. Here are some reasons why leveraging your network is important:
- Trust: People are more likely to do business with someone they know and trust. Leveraging your network allows you to tap into existing relationships and build trust more easily.
- Referrals: Your network can provide valuable referrals to potential clients who may be interested in your services. Referrals can be a powerful source of new business.
- Cost-effective: Leveraging your network can be a cost-effective way to find new clients. You don’t have to spend money on advertising or other marketing campaigns.
Here are some tips on how to identify and approach individuals or businesses in your network who may be interested in your services:
Identify potential clients
List individuals or businesses in your network who may be interested in your services. This can include people you’ve worked with in the past, friends and family who own businesses, or industry contacts you’ve met at events.
Contact your potential clients and let them know about your services. Be clear and concise about what you offer and how it can benefit them.
Offer to provide a free consultation or audit of their existing PPC campaigns. This can demonstrate your expertise and help them understand how you can help them achieve their marketing goals.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get a response right away. Follow up with your potential clients and continue to build the relationship over time.
Ask for referrals
If your existing network doesn’t have any potential clients for you, ask for referrals to people they know who may be interested in your services.
Attend Conferences and Networking Events
Attending conferences and networking events can be a valuable way to connect with potential PPC clients. These events allow you to meet people in your target industry or niche and build relationships that can lead to new business opportunities. Here are some ways attending conferences and networking events can help you:
- Expand your network: Attending conferences and networking events allows you to meet new people and expand your professional network. This can lead to new business opportunities and referrals.
- Learn about new trends and technologies: Conferences and networking events are a great way to stay up-to-date with your industry or niche’s latest trends and technologies.
- Build your brand: Attending conferences, and networking events can help you build your brand and establish yourself as an expert. This can lead to more business opportunities and a stronger reputation in the industry.
Here are some tips on how to make the most of attending conferences and networking events:
Prepare a pitch
Before attending the event, prepare a brief pitch that explains what you do and how you can help potential clients with their PPC campaigns. Be clear and concise, and focus on the benefits you can provide.
Attend the event with a friendly and approachable attitude. Smile, make eye contact, and be open to meeting new people.
Collect business card
Get cards from the people you meet and take notes on the back of the card to help you remember who they are and what they do.
After the event, follow up with the people you met and continue to build the relationship. Send a personalized email or LinkedIn message and offer a free consultation or audit of their existing PPC campaigns.
Create Valuable Content
Creating sought-after content is an effective way to attract potential PPC clients to your website. Using tools for bloggers, and other tools for content creators can enhance your process and results.
By providing helpful information and demonstrating your expertise, you can build trust with your audience and establish your business as a thought leader in the industry.
Here are some ways that creating valuable content can help you attract potential PPC clients:
- Increase visibility: Creating high-quality content can help you improve your search engine rankings and increase your website’s visibility.
- Demonstrate expertise: By providing valuable information and insights, you can demonstrate your expertise and build trust with your audience. This can lead to more business opportunities and referrals.
- Showcase success stories: Creating case studies and success stories can help you showcase your past successes and demonstrate how you’ve helped other clients achieve their marketing goals.
Here are some examples of content types that are effective for attracting potential PPC clients:
- Blog posts: They are a great way to provide valuable information and insights about PPC advertising. You can establish yourself as a thought leader in the industry and attract potential clients searching for information related to PPC advertising.
- Whitepapers: These in-depth reports provide insights into specific PPC advertising topics. By creating a whitepaper, you can provide valuable information and demonstrate your expertise on specific topics that potential clients may be interested in.
- Case studies: Case studies are detailed accounts of how you helped clients achieve their marketing goals. A case study can showcase your past successes and demonstrate how you can help potential clients achieve similar results.
Utilize PPC Advertising
By setting up effective PPC campaigns, you can target potential clients searching for PPC services and drive traffic to your website.
Here are some ways to utilize PPC advertising to generate leads:
- Use targeted keywords: Use keywords related to PPC services in your ad copy and landing pages to ensure that your ads are shown to people looking for PPC services.
- Create compelling ad copy: Create ad copy highlighting the benefits of your PPC services and encouraging potential clients to click through to your website.
- Set up effective landing pages: Create optimized landing pages for conversion and provide clear information about your PPC services.
- Use ad extensions: Use ad extensions such as call extensions, location extensions, and sitelink extensions to provide additional information about your business and make it easier for potential clients to contact you.
- Test and optimize different ad copy, landing pages, and targeting options to find what works best for your business. Continuously optimize your campaigns to improve your ROI and drive more leads.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is PPC advertising, and how can it benefit my business?
PPC (pay-per-click) advertising is a type of online advertising where advertisers pay each time someone clicks on one of their ads.
How much should I expect to pay for PPC advertising?
Local businesses will typically pay more for highly competitive keywords and may need to adjust your bids and budgets over time to achieve your desired results. Working with a PPC expert who can help you set realistic goals and manage your budget effectively is essential.
How can I measure the effectiveness of my PPC campaigns?
To measure the effectiveness of your PPC campaigns, you can track various metrics, including clicks, impressions, click-through rate (CTR), conversion rate, and return on ad spend (ROAS). These metrics can help you identify which campaigns and keywords are driving the most traffic and conversions and make adjustments to optimize your results.
Finding PPC clients requires a combination of different strategies, from defining your ideal client to attending networking events, utilizing PPC advertising and get client with cold email. By taking a holistic approach and using a variety of tactics, you can increase your chances of finding and attracting potential clients who are a good fit for your business.